The Virginia School of Hair Design
Click the image to see a great article and video about Virginia School of Hair Design. Daily Press reporter Natalie Joseph takes a look at the oldest cosmetology school on the peninsula. Founded in 1958, Virginia School of Hair Design is a 12-month cosmetology program. It is one of the oldest and most affordable on the Peninsula, costing $11,000 a year. The school also offers instructor training.
An elite career opportunity starts with VIRGINIA SCHOOL OF HAIR DESIGN. A new exciting life could be right around the corner! Our school is designed to teach you the skills you’ll need, inspire you to explore your creativity and passion in all phases of beauty. We will prepare you to succeed in a salon, in business, and in life. Take the time now to find out about our courses, our requirements for admission, schedules and enrollment procedures. Established in 1958, nationally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences (NACCAS)
The Virginia School of Hair Design participates in Financial Aid Programs to assist students in need of the funds to attend our school. Financial aid is available for those who qualify and eligibility is determined by need of the student.
OVER 55 YEARS OF EXCELLENCE
The Virginia School of Hair Design was founded in 1955 and accredited since 1965. Mr. Eugene Driggers and Ms. Barbara Ann Williams have vast knowledge in all aspects of education in the field. Let them help you find your career.
- To provide career preparation in the cosmetology/barbering arts and sciences, and/or related fields, and/or unrelated fields.
- To maintain a high level of effective teaching by constantly seeking to improve our techniques.
- To instruct students in the rules and regulations of the Department of Professional Regulation.
- To abide by the rules and regulations of the Department of Professional Regulation.
- To endeavor to maintain high standards and to exemplify these standards daily.
- To constantly seek instructor improvement through teacher training seminars.
- To always maintain good relationships with patrons and to extend to them due respect.
- To assist graduates in securing employment.
- To advertise truthfully and honesty at all times.
- Above all, to produce students who will be an asset to this our prestigious and regarded profession.
The Virginia School of Hair Design is an equal opportunity educational institution. We do not discriminate on basis of sex, age, color, religion, or ethnic origin.